Octo emergency

SaltLifeMom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2022
Messages
106
Reaction score
55
Location
Wilmington, DE
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all! I bought a 2 head Octo about 8 weeks ago. About 6 weeks ago, one head bailed, parameters were good-couldnt figure out why it happened but the other head and everything else in the tank looked good. Yesterday, coral stayed pretty closed and I saw how tore up the skeleton is! My alkalinity spiked to 11, I did a water changed of 20% this a.m. I'm posting my Apex parameters from this a.m. Hanna testing showed phosphate at 0 and nitrate at 23. Can I do anything to save this coral? Any ideas why the bone is so shredded? Thanks in advance!
Screenshot_20230717_223648_APEXFusion.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_223637_APEXFusion.jpg
20230717_183618.jpg
 
Avg is 10.69....min 9.79
I have seen bail out from alkalinity swings. A couple of things I wonder...it potentially came from a system that may maintain lower alkalinity and did not like the switch to yours. Also it may have not been terribly healthy when you bought it and already headed towards bail out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new