Octopus in the reef?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think these guys are incredible and am amazed at how adept of hunters they are. Thanks for the great discussion and videos/pictures.
 
Here is an interesting video on how octopus/i can be very agressive,obviously we wouldnt have one this big in our tanks but still!
[video=youtube;FFOEZh1Lbbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOEZh1Lbbg&feature=related[/video]

That's crazy and awesome! So much for sharks being at the top of the food chain in the ocean.

CJ
 
That video of the shark/octopus was crazy!

I had a friend keep one for a couple years and it was incredibly cool. It was a species tank. Found it's end when a small child slipped a bar of soap in the tank. Apparently the lid wasn't child proof. That also might be how the child found it's end.
 
It would be great to have an octo in a specied only tank, but because most of them have a short lifespan, i dont think thats something i want to get into

Bob
 
One of the LFS has one in a 14g BC, it has it's "home" in the bottom right chamber behind those itty bitty slots. For those of you who have ever owned a BioCube, you know the part I'm talking about. I was amazed that it could fit through those little slots! Amazingly intelligent creatures!
 
They are pretty cool in the wild too. I was lucky enough to see one on two separate occasions. I've even seen one while walking along a dock in St. Croix!

CJ
 
I have a Octopus in my tank...a Reef Octopus, hahaha.

Terrible joke... there's got to be a lame police on task for this crime! ;)

I think Octopuses are purely awesome creatures, if for anything, their intelligence. Unfortunately it's a whole other ball game with their care needs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new