Odd LPS inside out when moonlights came on

14 foot reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
4,677
Location
Apex NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this bubble for 8 years I believe, it has really grown well and has always been a center piece in my tank. LAst night for the first time ever after the moon lights coming on, the bubble transformed into a very full, but almost inside out looking stage. Was wondering if anyone has ever seen this with a large LPS like this. Its about the size of a football or larger.
First pic is its normal look second pic is last night when the moonlights were on.


IMG_2449.jpeg
IMG_2466.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new