Odd test kits needed

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test the common water perimeters like cal, alk, ph, phos, mag, salt, nitrates. How important are the odd ones like iron, strom, potas and iodine? I also supplement all 4 of them in my reef but never test for them. I only use the recommended dose for beginner or maintenance dosage. I think there may be something off with my water but all the common water perimeters are fine. Could any of the odd ones be a concern? My SPS do not seem send out polyps as much and some chalices just seem to be stunted or receeding.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test the common water perimeters like cal, alk, ph, phos, mag, salt, nitrates. How important are the odd ones like iron, strom, potas and iodine? I also supplement all 4 of them in my reef but never test for them. I only use the recommended dose for beginner or maintenance dosage. I think there may be something off with my water but all the common water perimeters are fine. Could any of the odd ones be a concern? My SPS do not seem send out polyps as much and some chalices just seem to be stunted or receeding.

Rule 1: Don't dose what you don't test for.

If you are dosing something you HAVE to test for it. You may be ODing your tank.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rule 1: Don't dose what you don't test for.

If you are dosing something you HAVE to test for it. You may be ODing your tank.

+1000. Also, if you are doing regular water changes, you likely don't need to dose any of those.

CJ

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back