odd tort growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter surfn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
5,030
Reaction score
54
Location
Charlottesville, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0629.jpg
 
very cool, and nice macro. I'm no sps expert, but I've heard of weird growth patterns if a piece has been fragged often...is that true or not so much?
 
Yea, that is certainly odd. I, be extremely anal retentive, would have to cut that off. LOL. Thanks for the pic.
 
very cool, and nice macro. I'm no sps expert, but I've heard of weird growth patterns if a piece has been fragged often...is that true or not so much?

nope, hasn't been fragged that much at all. its just your standard ORA tort.

Yea, that is certainly odd. I, be extremely anal retentive, would have to cut that off. LOL. Thanks for the pic.

well, gotta keep the size in perspective. thats just a single coralite coming off the main colony......not even close to the size of an actual branch. every time i clean the glass i usually nip a tip off the colony, i'm sure i'll break off this unusual coralite growth while cleaning the tank or something sometime.
 
that looks like it would make me a future frag (go pats)
 
surfn:

I've had a few of my sps corals do that where a tube worm of some sort was growing out of the frag and the coral eventually grew over it.

Brandon
 
surfn:

I've had a few of my sps corals do that where a tube worm of some sort was growing out of the frag and the coral eventually grew over it.

Brandon

bingo, that looks like a tort keeping up with the growth of a tube worm/snail.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new