Off-topic discussions

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I applaud the addition of this forum for those of us in Illinois and, for the most part, the Chicagoland area, it concerns me that we keep posts/threads on the topic of reef aquarium keeping. There is already a well-established forum on another site where those who are interested can discuss, at length, non-reef-keeping topics, even within reef-related threads. It would really disappoint me to end up with CMAS forum, version 2, here at R2R.
Gary

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gary! I second the hope that we can keep our Forums discussions mostly on topic please.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am the person who has been pushin the ot threads in here in effort to seed this forum and bring our members together. its merely a tactic to get the lines of communication going and once established then shifting away from ot chit chat and limit that to r2r lounge and then we can focus on local il reef topics only.

i pushed for this forum to have a great reefer community. not for another lounge so i hope my actions make sense and my efforts to plant the seeds.

its just a tactic to get more "flow" thru this forum.

-firebretha
-BB veteran

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe heavily in self moderation thru community on the forumsso I wanted to ask your opinion, and administration allowance, on if we can post FS, FT, WTB threads in our regional forum here.

my hop is a yes, because of my limited cash flow I cannot afford to ship corals but I can easily drive out for them so I love dealing locally.

would this be alright?

OP
OP
gparr

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jon, I'm not sure what the purpose is of your post, but, from my view, it basically mocks the reason I started this thread and is the kind of thing that will get this forum shut down in a heartbeat.
gary

OP
OP
gparr

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe heavily in self moderation thru community on the forumsso I wanted to ask your opinion, and administration allowance, on if we can post FS, FT, WTB threads in our regional forum here.

my hop is a yes, because of my limited cash flow I cannot afford to ship corals but I can easily drive out for them so I love dealing locally.

would this be alright?

Yes, FS, FT, and WTB threads of reef-related items are permitted in club forums.

Gary

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back