~Official~ Sponge/Tunicate Show Off thread

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any unique looking sponges/tunicates they would like to share? I am currently in the process of setting up a few easy to take care of sponge/tunicate only tanks for some research I have been doing and would like to see the different kinds of vibrant inverts you all have in your marine ecosystems. Any and all pictures would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Caribbean morph of Tunicate....Not sure of the species.

DSCN2505.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this tread could use a bump. .I'm sure more people have them in their tanks Please post some pics how long you have it etc...I'm on my way to pick up a sweet red sponge right now gonna post a pic when I get home . Its gonna look sick next to the blue one I got :)

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll work on some shots of my Haliclona sp. sponge, but here are some shots of my sea squirts. I've had them since early September. So far so good. Feeding Dendros and suncoral PE Mysis, and these guys get the juice that is on top after it thaws. They also seem to like Selcon in with their mysis juice;).
squirts02.jpg

squirts01.jpg

nps03.jpg

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I'd be interested to know how yours do, long term. Mine lived several months, but then went down hill, even though I have massive sponge/tunicate populations on my rocks, I suspect from heavy vodka dosing.

I'll work on some shots of my Haliclona sp. sponge, but here are some shots of my sea squirts. I've had them since early September. So far so good. Feeding Dendros and suncoral PE Mysis, and these guys get the juice that is on top after it thaws. They also seem to like Selcon in with their mysis juice;).
squirts02.jpg

squirts01.jpg

nps03.jpg

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My official christmas tree.. its sick in person very hard to take a good photo of but here it goes figure i post it here cuz there aint no show off tread for that :)

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know what's the best thing to feed sponges ??? The blue one has clear tubes come out just like a tunicate out off the round holes 1/4 . Red one i just got it was wondering what those yellow spots were for a min thought it was some kind of pest but last night I looked at it and its yellow feathers when those things open .. I did some looking but there's not much info on keeping them happy I know they have a stomach on the inside so they must eat something ???

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll keep updating on the squirts. So far so good, but only had them a little over 3 months...

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H20,

Does that rock have porites on it? What are you currently feeding and how old is the piece?

Thanks!

My official christmas tree.. its sick in person very hard to take a good photo of but here it goes figure i post it here cuz there aint no show off tread for that :)

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H20,

Does that rock have porites on it? What are you currently feeding and how old is the piece?

Thanks!

I have this rock 3-4 years I don't feed it anything if I put some food on it they close up and food go flying like they don't want it they filter feeders so I do a couple drops of phyto and oyser eggs ones or twice a week that depend on how my no3 po4 is reading :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back