OG BPC Flamethrower, anyone still have one?

Dooly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve taken a 12 year hiatus from the hobby and got back into it recently assuming that tons of people would have this chalice grown out by now and frags would be affordable, but boy was I wrong.

It also looks to me that some people had chalices that looked similar and with all the hype behind the OG back then, they pawned their tiny frags off as the real deal.

So it’s debatable what the real deal looks like now. But from my experience, the light blue-gray streaks around the eye start to dominate and a larger colony would not be primarily red with yellow eyes and yellow edge, but blue with hints of red on the body with yellow and/or blue eyes with a yellow edge.

During my search on here and other forums, I’ve been offered “BPC FT” and “OG flamethrower” pieces that don’t have even the slightest resemblance to what I remember.

I have also seen; what I believe to be a rainbow chalice (like a jellybean) with the green/purple just barely starting to develop; labeled as a BPC flamethrower

If any of you have this piece, please post a picture along with its story. And even better, PM me if you have a frag available.

ikaros70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat, those of us that have been in the hobby since blue planet corals was around, that chalice is likely on our “wish list”.
The one I found looks to be from BC.
Seems like the OG flamethrower from BPC is a bit of a holy grail lost to time. :(

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve taken a 12 year hiatus from the hobby and got back into it recently assuming that tons of people would have this chalice grown out by now and frags would be affordable, but boy was I wrong.

It also looks to me that some people had chalices that looked similar and with all the hype behind the OG back then, they pawned their tiny frags off as the real deal.

So it’s debatable what the real deal looks like now. But from my experience, the light blue-gray streaks around the eye start to dominate and a larger colony would not be primarily red with yellow eyes and yellow edge, but blue with hints of red on the body with yellow and/or blue eyes with a yellow edge.

During my search on here and other forums, I’ve been offered “BPC FT” and “OG flamethrower” pieces that don’t have even the slightest resemblance to what I remember.

I have also seen; what I believe to be a rainbow chalice (like a jellybean) with the green/purple just barely starting to develop; labeled as a BPC flamethrower

If any of you have this piece, please post a picture along with its story. And even better, PM me if you have a frag available.
Not sure if this is the same but just bought this off of TCK live sale for $80 I believe they have one more

Attachments

• CEF09575-A6BF-4198-AA75-2983BCC49818.png
    CEF09575-A6BF-4198-AA75-2983BCC49818.png
    744.1 KB · Views: 60

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also have these they are calling lightning flame thrower but yes not the same as you posted

Attachments

• 2D77F0E9-DA5D-46C2-B049-0D8D31BC45DA.png
    2D77F0E9-DA5D-46C2-B049-0D8D31BC45DA.png
    475 KB · Views: 40
  • 737740C4-F182-4938-B701-B153E928DD6C.png
    737740C4-F182-4938-B701-B153E928DD6C.png
    591.4 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
D

Dooly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat, those of us that have been in the hobby since blue planet corals was around, that chalice is likely on our “wish list”.
The one I found looks to be from BC.
Seems like the OG flamethrower from BPC is a bit of a holy grail lost to time. :(

i agree. I really thought that most of the corals I was into back then would be plentiful now as reefers grew them out and they’d be in more tanks, but so wrong I was..

OP
OP
D

Dooly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a piece in late august, grew to cover a 1.25” disc and receded into nothing recently.
Back on the hunt for another frag..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back