Oh dang..

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishes2889
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
3,431
Reaction score
14
Location
Emmaus, Pa (18049)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...well i have to get my wisdom teeth pulled today. I'm kinda nervous just because ive never had any teeth pulled...:(...i am getting laughing gas or being knocked out...:sad3:

And i am really bored in second period computer class....:D START POSTING!
 
Hey Steve, no need to worry about getting your wisdom teeth pulled. I had all 4 out many years ago and the worst side effect was I had chipmunk cheeks for about 3 to 4 days after the surgery. Hope it goes well :)
 
good luck.. I had a horrible experience last year when I needed them out. I was 28 which is old for wisdom teeth, I got dry sockets, and had a MAJOR reaction to the anesthesia. I started puking immediatly upon beign woken up, and I didnt stop puking till 9 hours later (literally) when I went to the ER for SEVER pain in my stomach, Dehydration, and pain. I spent the night in the ER.. not good. However, as soon as they got a few bags of fluids in me, and put me on morphine, I was better...



Edit: Sorry- didnt mean to scare ya, I dont think I had the 'normal' reaction... Im never normal.
 
Good luck, it isnt too bad man :D Got all four of mine pulled out 2 years ago. However, i got an infection for it and couldnt eat for a couple week.... Not trying to scare you but you should be fine :D
 
I got all 4 of mine pulled out 2 years ago and it wasn't all that bad. Just make sure they hop you up on some good pain killers afterwards and you'll be good to go. It was nice having my fiance take care of me for couple of days :)
 
good luck.. I had a horrible experience last year when I needed them out. I was 28 which is old for wisdom teeth, I got dry sockets, and had a MAJOR reaction to the anesthesia. I started puking immediatly upon beign woken up, and I didnt stop puking till 9 hours later (literally) when I went to the ER for SEVER pain in my stomach, Dehydration, and pain. I spent the night in the ER.. not good. However, as soon as they got a few bags of fluids in me, and put me on morphine, I was better...



Edit: Sorry- didnt mean to scare ya, I dont think I had the 'normal' reaction... Im never normal.


I had a similar terrible experience.

I think i had mine out around 16-17years old. they also over did my anesthesia. it had to be a different kind than undergoing normal operations in a hospital, b/c i've had 4 shoulder operations and 1 knee operation and never had a bad reaction to the anesthesia those times.

but i was pretty loopy for a good 2 days after getting them pulled. completely out of it. not to mention i couldnt even open my mouth b/c my jaw hurt so bad. basically sucked jello through a straw for a week.

then about 2 weeks later, i went on vacation with my parents. i thought the big spot of swelling back in my gums was normal. i laid back on the beach and then felt a rush of liquid going back into my throat. i sat up and started spitting out blood and puss.

apparently, the wisdom teeth sit inside these bone like capsules while they are still submerged in the gums. they break these capsules, pull the teeth, then remove the bone left in the gums. well, they forgot a piece of bone, which had been partially sticking out of the gum, which then got infected.

i went back in to the docs, and they were like "ok, let me get that out then". grabbed a pair of plyers and started grabbing. i swear i almost hit someone. i finally got them to numb my entire mouth up before i would let them touch me again, then they yanked it out. i had a big hole in my gums there for several year.

and while its gone for the most part now, i can tell its different than my other gums....


i feel i had a terrible experience getting my wisdom teeth pulled. lol
 
Don't worry steve, It's just like fragging. Doc will ductape your head too the chair and brake out the hammer and chisel. :hammer:
 
Oh man guys if i was going to read these before hand i would just not of done it. The precedure took an hour and a half and they gave me these pills, which made me extremely sleepy, novacaine, and thats it. They had to re-shoot me with novacaine in hte middle od the precedure as it was hurting ALOT....but all in all i can eat ice cream, potatoes, soup, and jello(which i hate :))

Now i just feel like ****.....freakin mouth is swollen in the back, im still spitting blood....:( , and the worst of it all is that i have to work tommorrow. Thank god i work at a LFS...:D
 
Oh man guys if i was going to read these before hand i would just not of done it. The precedure took an hour and a half and they gave me these pills, which made me extremely sleepy, novacaine, and thats it. They had to re-shoot me with novacaine in hte middle od the precedure as it was hurting ALOT....but all in all i can eat ice cream, potatoes, soup, and jello(which i hate :))


you lucky *******! lol :rolleyes:
 
yeah but as i slept last night, my dad checked on me and i was in a pool of blood on my pillow. :shock:

Then i did a 9 hour work day which isnt so bad since its my hobby but in any case wasnt the greatest day of my life. I feel like crap and my mouth is swollen. I feel better though cuz i got some more coral today!!! woot woot :D :D
 
Glad it went well Steve! I swear guys.....I'm just reading this thread and the ONLY person with the good sense to not scare the poor guy half to death was Ecotox! Must be that superior X chromosome.

Funky thing about wisdom teeth - I had all four out and the roots of my top ones had pierced and grown into my sinus cavaties.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new