?!?!OK ALL YOU SLEUTHY REEFERS!?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

A Reefer's Girlfriend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alan purchased the skimmer from you, and unknowingly your ring got stuck to the tape when you were securing the lid for shipping. You haven't been able to find it anywhere since it was shipped out. You just got this photo from your friend Alan asking if you were missing your ring, as he found it taped inside when unpacking the skimmer.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Person you sent the skimmer to went to fire it up and found the ring rattling around in the skimmer.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I buy a B......

word-puzzle.jpg.php

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shipped your old skimmer to Alan B. He found a little extra surprise in the box when he opened it. The picture was sent back to you as a joke.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am going to go ahead and give it to Zoa! Well done! You had it first, and just need to elaborate a little. This is essentially exactly what is going on.

Jeep you will get a consolation prize as well:)

In the original post, the only hint I gave was to assume nothing. Oddly enough, I believe you had all gone on to assume one major thing about this photo that is entirely false, and that is that it was taken by me;) It was in fact taken by Alan G himself. The screen shot tells the tale:) Excuse the typos) I honestly thought this up in about one second. No
prior planning at all. He sent me the pic, and I was thinking of a creative way to explain the triumph of the pic, and that's how this all came to happen:)

I have been looking for my ring all week, and even rented a metal detector with no luck. The funny thing is, I sent three coral orders out that same day and actually unboxed them entirely thinking it may have been in there. I boxed the skimmer so early in the day that I convinced myself there was no way it was in there. And didn't even look. I decided I'd better have Alan be on the look out as a desperate last gasp. Just in case it ended up in there. I was not holding my breath however. Goes to show you. Never give up hope.

We'll done everyone! ZOA, I will ship your pack any day next week that works for you. I think I may actually have it, but just in case, PM me with your address and such and I'll get you all plug into fed ex.

Thanks again Alan for playing along and not giving it away!!

Hope this was a fun little departure from the usual reef forum discussion! Thanks a lot for all the guesses! You guys are all on your way to becoming junior detectives lol;)

Screenshot 2015-10-24 10.24.25.png

Screenshot 2015-10-24 10.51.40.png

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay! Congrats to Zoa!

This was fun.
Fortunately for you, Alan is a man of integrity and got your ring back to you.
I was surprised to see no one had the answer this morning when I jumped on the forums.

Zoaddicted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wahoooo I won something!

And from battle corals too! I've been hearing great things from you guys and have not bought from you before.

I admire the quality of corals you have and the honesty in your pictures. :) will PM you

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you can name a new coral after this happening! "The Lost Wedding Selago"

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back