Ok to plumb new tank, then sit empty?

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in slow process of building A 225 gallon tank. I just got all of my plumbing in, but it might be months before I’m ready for water. Can I plumb everything now and it just sit dry for months, or should I wait to do plumbing? I’ve heard it’s bad for sink plumbing if it never gets used, didn’t know if that would be a problem with tank plumbing? Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes absolutely. What's the difference if it sits in your garage or already added to the tank or in the warehouse/store where you're buying it from ;) either way it's going to sit somewhere

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno? Lol. Thought maybe it had something to do with the pvc cement or something?
Well if it helps any, my 75 was plumbed for a few months before I set it up in the new house. No issues;)

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in slow process of building A 225 gallon tank. I just got all of my plumbing in, but it might be months before I’m ready for water. Can I plumb everything now and it just sit dry for months, or should I wait to do plumbing? I’ve heard it’s bad for sink plumbing if it never gets used, didn’t know if that would be a problem with tank plumbing? Thanks
It might be bad for sink plumbing just from fumes from the drain to the sewer or something like that. I hope your tank isn’t getting sewer fumes ;)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back