old magnets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dowtish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
7,043
Reaction score
85
Location
Murfreesboro TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody got an old mag float or something similar they arent using anymore? I'm wanting to put it on the back glass and glue a monti cap to it.
 
Just glue the Cap to the glass, You can do it with Gel by putting it in place and move it around then hold until it holds. I have several glued on my tank and they do no harm.
Bill
 
Well my only thought to that is, what if down the road you want to sell your tank and you have all this old glue all over the glass?
 
I think a good sharp razor blade will take the glue off of the glass. Not positive though. If you have a good patch of coraline on the spot you want to glue the caps too you could glue it on the coraline and that will give the glue something to hold to and have a layer between the glass and glue. Just a thought....
 
I was also discussing not actually gluing it to the magnet, but just glue it to the glass, and then just use the magnet as a precaution, til it takes hold.
 
Well my only thought to that is, what if down the road you want to sell your tank and you have all this old glue all over the glass?
It comes right off with the coral and a quick swipe with a razor blade and you will never know it was there. I had a Cap over 18" in Diameter that was in my 185 and it was attached to the glass in many spots, Ask Bart if there are any signs of it ever being there.
Bill
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new