Old reefer from FL coming back into the hobby

Christie Sanam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I'm coming back after moving across the country to here and taking some time to get settled into a house finally so i can setup tanks again

I was trying FW for a bit and didn't like it so want to convert my 15g fluval with a little 5g for a sump

I live fairly close to a shop called saltwater in the city - wanted to check if theres any frag swaps or other places to get some relatively cheap live rock to start my setup and cycle

thanks

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what you have locally but welcome to R2R!

Aquanaut WA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I'm coming back after moving across the country to here and taking some time to get settled into a house finally so i can setup tanks again

I was trying FW for a bit and didn't like it so want to convert my 15g fluval with a little 5g for a sump

I live fairly close to a shop called saltwater in the city - wanted to check if theres any frag swaps or other places to get some relatively cheap live rock to start my setup and cycle

thanks
Welcome to the Eastside, you may want to join the FB Pacific Northwest Reef Keeping Group. A great local rescource of events and swaps. The REEFWORX Expo is late Feb. in Southcenter. Barrier Reef Aquarium is also a good resource for $10 budget frags and well stocked in equipment and beyond, a hidden Renton jem off of exit 44 and I405. SWC can’t be beat for livestock and a 10 day QT. BRA will also have 7 day QT once their remodel completes maybe by March. I do recommend using Dr Tims fishless cycling method (available at BRA) and cured LifeReef Rock to avoid pest pitfalls. I cycled my 300g and 130# of dry rock in 30 days without introducing unQTd livestock.
Welcome to WA

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back