OMG HELLO incredible aquascape.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome. I am going to redo my whole 300 gallon sps tank soon to have a more open aquascape, and want to have a large overhang like that too. I think thats so cool.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is my favorite scape now...a few more are close but that one is just cool!!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with how nice that is. Nothing is going to settle on the bottom of that tank! The growth patterns are so natural with this reef which isn't always easy to achieve with flow in our aquariums. I wonder if that was one rock or whether he made the structure? I would assume it would have to be weighed down somehow (or attached to bottom) to keep from falling over? Either way, it is one the nicest tanks I've ever seen...

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sps color . It looks kind of fake and no fish in it B+

I see exactly what you mean. There are full Zeo tanks that have this pastel look but it is pretty pleasing to my eye. It's not for everyone, however. I agree with you - a school of 20-30 anthias would make that system even better....

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is real rock. I don't know what is holding it all together but it kinda looks like it could be zip ties and epoxy. There is no magic in this though, it is all balanced on a central point of contact on the bottom of the tank. It is mainly branching rock assembled together and a good base so it balances itself out.

This into is shown in the pictures of the site they linked to: -SPSHolic's Blog-

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't read that far....I will have to check that out later. It is a crazy nice tank and that aquascape is so unique. If I were going to redo my tank, I would think about this route! Just gorgeous. Thanks for posting this links guys. Much appreciated.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat, I can imagine one day the corals getting too heavy and tipping the entire structure.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back