? on the hydor koralia Nano

kimba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a little algae growth in the back corner of my tank. I'm thinking it's lack of water flow (it's just under my water output). I have a wave maker, but I think with the size of my LR, it still has a problem getting everywhere.

Where would be the best place to put the powerhead? The algae is on the back right side of my tank, so I was thinking of putting it on the left side of my tank, flowing behind my LR to that right corner.

Here is the pic of the algae
20160516_131109.jpg

If I put it here, it will go right behind my LR and to the corner where the algae is.

20160516_132233.jpg

Any ideas or sugestions would be great, thanks.

oh, I have a 12 gal. Thanks

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about right front so it can go across then to the side and around the rock? Or maybe another wavemaker

OP
OP
kimba

kimba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't put another wavemaker because I only have one water output. The wave maker snaps onto the water output. I'd rather not put it in the front (don't want to see it) so I was thinking the side. I'm just not sure which side.

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't put another wavemaker because I only have one water output. The wave maker snaps onto the water output. I'd rather not put it in the front (don't want to see it) so I was thinking the side. I'm just not sure which side.
Either side will work. I got mine on the left side. Haven't had any alge issues

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a little algae growth in the back corner of my tank. I'm thinking it's lack of water flow (it's just under my water output). I have a wave maker, but I think with the size of my LR, it still has a problem getting everywhere.

Where would be the best place to put the powerhead? The algae is on the back right side of my tank, so I was thinking of putting it on the left side of my tank, flowing behind my LR to that right corner.

Here is the pic of the algae
20160516_131109.jpg

If I put it here, it will go right behind my LR and to the corner where the algae is.

20160516_132233.jpg

Any ideas or sugestions would be great, thanks.

oh, I have a 12 gal. Thanks
a krolia nano may actually be too much. they do make smaller gph pupps and jets. the little 12v pumps Ive uses in 5g nanos work quite well too.
this kind, i use it on my atos as well. cheap on ebay.
http://www.amazon.com/Docooler®-Ult...=UTF8&qid=1463604841&sr=8-4&keywords=12v+pump
ac version
http://www.amazon.com/PonicsPump-PP...8&qid=1463604923&sr=8-3&keywords=100+gph+pump

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jebao rw-4 with the sl1 controller can get about 3 times ghp lower than the stock controller.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back