? on trading coral at LFS

  • Thread starter Thread starter kimba
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kimba

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2015
Messages
379
Reaction score
106
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone here trades their corals with their LFS. And if they do, how do you do it? I only have a 12 gal and at one point had to get rid of a toadstool that just got too big. I mentioned that at my LFS and asked if they would trade stuff back if it got too big, or too many and they said yes.

I have 2 toadstools (actually babies from the one that got too big) and want to trade one for something different. They are both attatched to a small tonga branch and both are also covered in red shrooms.

I'm just not sure how to approach it... Any help or advice would be great.

20160211_141824.jpg
20160211_141541.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dont expect to get much back from the LFS. I would take a photo of it and the next time you're there ask them how much credit they'd be willing to offer
 
I was thinking of that, but wasn't sure if it was wierd. So I figured I'd see how other ppl did it. Thanks.
 
Also put it up on your local craigslist as well. A lot of people are willing to buy and trade.

I did't think about craigslist, I didn't know they did coral. I'll look into that. Thanks
 
My LFS gave me a bunch of green stripped mushrooms for green star polyps and some monti [emoji16]
 
Dont expect to get much back from the LFS. I would take a photo of it and the next time you're there ask them how much credit they'd be willing to offer

+1 On This. I have talked with my LFS and usually its about a 50% credit on what they would sell it for retail!

Also put it up on your local craigslist as well. A lot of people are willing to buy and trade.

You could also participate in a local club that does trading and swaps also!
 
I brought in the picture I posted and he was excited and said he could give me store credit for what ever I wanted to trade. :D I was a little nervous because I didn't buy it there, so I knida thought he might only trade HIS corals. He said he would give me 25$ for the small one, which is exactly what I was hoping for. :)

He didn't really have anything exciting today, the frogspawn and acan were gone :( I gave him an idea of corals I would like and told him I'd be back next month with my toadstool.

I did get a pulsing xenia, which I know some ppl hate, but I love them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new