OP
OP
rsumner

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some painter's tape to mask it off. I'm thinking of going 37" on the stand height.

IMG_3356.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after lots of deep thought, I think I'm going to go with 130x30x24 (11ft x 2.5ft x 2ft). I'll have about 11" on each side of the tank left over on the back wall, so I'm thinking of just blacking-out the back and both sides since the only viewing angle will be from the front. I'll be able to use the left over space for any external equipment and can hide it with wood panels.

So, one of the final pieces is width: I've seen tons of debate on R2R regarding width where most people say wider is always better for aquascaping, but are there any folks out there that run a 30" wide tank that has no access to the back or sides that could share their experience in being able to maintain the tank and coral?
Dude that is going to be SOOOOOO epic.

just get a nice step stool/small ladder to help with the 30" wide tank.
who's gonna build this bad boy?

OP
OP
rsumner

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that is going to be SOOOOOO epic.

just get a nice step stool/small ladder to help with the 30" wide tank.
who's gonna build this bad boy?

I've been really impressed with how @Joe Glass Cages has improved quality and innovation over at Glass Cages since he took over. The build time estimates he's provided are great and he responds same-day to any of my questions. I guess it's time for me to start a build thread in "Monster Tank 400g+". :)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been really impressed with how @Joe Glass Cages has improved quality and innovation over at Glass Cages since he took over. The build time estimates he's provided are great and he responds same-day to any of my questions. I guess it's time for me to start a build thread in "Monster Tank 400g+". :)
totally agree if I was in the market for a large custom tank Joe is at the top of my list.
are you building your own stand or going with one from them?

yes start a build thread.

OP
OP
rsumner

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
totally agree if I was in the market for a large custom tank Joe is at the top of my list.

Going to have them build the stand -- not something I want to learn or take the risk on.

Once I get the finals nailed down with Joe, I'll start my build thread.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rsumner Thanks so much for the kind words. We are very passionate about how we serve. Thanks so much for the consideration!

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

really appreciate the support @Devaji

you've seen us grow and evolve. Thanks again for all your support. Truly means a lot!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back