One Dead Coral and Two Dying?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not your lighting. I have hammers and I’m getting a torch for the same tank and I’ve never had literally anything I’ve put in there die. Everything grows like weeds. That torch looks like it’s being choked by algea. Putting peroxide on a q tip and painting the algea will kill it

OP
OP
ChrisKSB

ChrisKSB

King of GHA Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my coral died. I bought more CUC and my algae issues have gone away completely, so much that now I'm afraid some of the CUC are gonna starve! Gonna work out a good balanced mix I suppose.
Don't think I'll try corals again for quite some time.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my coral died. I bought more CUC and my algae issues have gone away completely, so much that now I'm afraid some of the CUC are gonna starve! Gonna work out a good balanced mix I suppose.
Don’t worry about cuc dying. Mine pass all the time the other cuc eats the bodies

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry about cuc dying. Mine pass all the time the other cuc eats the bodies

I'd say try to keep a balance of some kind, but yeah, everyone loses a snail or crab every now and then for sure.

Try some hardier stuff. Zoa's, duncans, candy canes (caulastrae), Goniastrea, blastomusa, Favia, Favites, Leptoseris and Leptasria are all super, super hardy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back