One more fish or no.

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 20 gallon cube with 2 clowns and a firefish. I’ve had a goby in there before but I had to take him out because he stirred up the sand so much. Any recommendations on another fish if not should I keep it at 3 thanks.

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of goby did you have? I have a watchman. How established is your tank? Ever look into a mandarin goby?

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need copepods. Some have got maderins that eat pellets or shrimp. Good luck. A great fish if you can keep it fed. Great colors. There is a psychedelic and spotted mandarin fish.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need copepods. Some have got maderins that eat pellets or shrimp. Good luck. A great fish if you can keep it fed. Great colors. There is a psychedelic and spotted mandarin fish.
Ok I’ll do some research on them. Thanks for the quick reply.

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by Focus Features

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pink streaked Wrasse or a Pygmy Wrasse. I don't like my bicolor. He is lazy and doesn't eat algae. He is super gorgeous and acts like a dog. I get home at 3:30 and feed the fish everyday at that time. He will be in the middle of the tank shaking his tail and wagging his head. It is so funny. But he doesn't have any interest in algae. My lawnmower in my other tank is not very pretty, is very boring, and eats algae all day long. I am happy I have both. I just wished I could have them in the same tank.

mclovings

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d get a goby that doesn’t sift sand. Or a pink streaked or Pygmy wrasse. Both wrasses are really hard to find right now. Some came available on liveaquaria the other day. They were sold out by the time I got through the checkout process.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As awesome as mandarins are I would not recommend one for a tank your size, we have one at work in our frag tank (100 gallon with 40 gallon sump and its decimated the pod population in that tank- they can quickly starve in smallerr tanks unless your willing to put in the extra work of dosing live pods very consistently. even the captive bred varieties seem to revert to pod hunting over pellets and frozen foods.

Blennys are awesome and a tailspot or others from that group would be an awesome addition. Other awesome fish for a tank your size include clown gobys, neon cleaner gobies, Pink streaked wrasse, possum wrasse, Plectranthias inermis (essentially a tiny peaceful hawkfish)- I'm sure there are many more but those are the first few that come to mind!

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pink streaked Wrasse or a Pygmy Wrasse. I don't like my bicolor. He is lazy and doesn't eat algae. He is super gorgeous and acts like a dog. I get home at 3:30 and feed the fish everyday at that time. He will be in the middle of the tank shaking his tail and wagging his head. It is so funny. But he doesn't have any interest in algae. My lawnmower in my other tank is not very pretty, is very boring, and eats algae all day long. I am happy I have both. I just wished I could have them in the same tank.
lol I heard they do have some personality. And you know the worst part I had a chance to get a pygmy wrasse two weeks ago for only 45 dollars but at the time I still had my goby. If I didn’t have the goby it would have been a no brainer.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d get a goby that doesn’t sift sand. Or a pink streaked or Pygmy wrasse. Both wrasses are really hard to find right now. Some came available on liveaquaria the other day. They were sold out by the time I got through the checkout process.
I didn’t know there were gobys that didn’t sand sift. I’ll look into that. And yeah like I said on a reply I had the chance to get a pygmy wrasse but I couldn’t because I still had my goby in there. Missed opportunity right there.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I heard they do have some personality. And you know the worst part I had a chance to get a pygmy wrasse two weeks ago for only 45 dollars but at the time I still had my goby. If I didn’t have the goby it would have been a no brainer.
I found one yesterday for 35. I almost ordered him, but we are still having lows below freezing up here. I refuse to order livestock when it's this cold.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As awesome as mandarins are I would not recommend one for a tank your size, we have one at work in our frag tank (100 gallon with 40 gallon sump and its decimated the pod population in that tank- they can quickly starve in smallerr tanks unless your willing to put in the extra work of dosing live pods very consistently. even the captive bred varieties seem to revert to pod hunting over pellets and frozen foods.

Blennys are awesome and a tailspot or others from that group would be an awesome addition. Other awesome fish for a tank your size include clown gobys, neon cleaner gobies, Pink streaked wrasse, possum wrasse, Plectranthias inermis (essentially a tiny peaceful hawkfish)- I'm sure there are many more but those are the first few that come to mind!
Now thinking about it I did want a clown goby when I started off this tank. That’s a good one for sure.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found one yesterday for 35. I almost ordered him, but we are still having lows below freezing up here. I refuse to order livestock when it's this cold.
Dang that sucks I hope all is going well for you. I heard about these storms and there awful.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back