One piece rim replaced by two piece

hos1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

I purchased a used fish tank that is 90 gallons and 48 x 18. The rim of that tank was broken in two places along the outer edge making it two pieces a right and left. It was recommended to me to replace the rim due to this so I ordered a new one and it came in two pieces. The reason why I was replacing the old one was it was in two pieces. The center brace was fine. Is it OK to replace the rim on a tank that was manufactured with one piece with a replacement rim that is two pieces. I am getting conflicting answers and want to make SURE that I don’t end up with a 90 gallon mess in my house.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1656523589124.jpg

Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

I purchased a used fish tank that is 90 gallons and 48 x 18. The rim of that tank was broken in two places along the outer edge making it two pieces a right and left. It was recommended to me to replace the rim due to this so I ordered a new one and it came in two pieces. The reason why I was replacing the old one was it was in two pieces. The center brace was fine. Is it OK to replace the rim on a tank that was manufactured with one piece with a replacement rim that is two pieces. I am getting conflicting answers and want to make SURE that I don’t end up with a 90 gallon mess in my house.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Given what you've been going thru, you may want to look back at these early days with your 90 gallon. Wishing you much luck!!

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back