One thing you would change about your system!

  • Thread starter Thread starter m and m
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
3,705
Reaction score
26
Location
Nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this would be a good topic, For any one who has had there system up and going for a while now if you where starting over what would you change? I recently took out my sand bed but if I was truly starting over I think I would of went with a canopy on my current main display not hanging fixtur, how about you?
 
Would like to do a pennisula style tank instead of one against the wall if i could start it all over. Maybe in a future upgrade :)
 
I think a fuge would have been nice. Less water changes. I do like the idea of a fuge for more than just nutrient export - namely a safe haven for pod reproduction.
 
Last edited:
woulda used a sand bed instead of crushed coral and woulda went with leds over my mh
 
leds instead of t5's on my living room tank. the rest are fine
 
External overflow and hinged canopy.

The only difference with external overflow is I'd include gussets on each side to prevent future leaks. I hate my internal overflow boxes.
 
Larger tank, my 120 just ain't cutting it. Now it's too mature to mess with or maybe I'm just too lazy to mess with it. ;)
 
I have a Bare Bottom 180 gallon tank, with a custom stand and canopy I built myself. I don't think I would change much, except arrangement of rock for more coral placement. May plumb a frag tank on side in future.
 
I would have bought a new tank. The glass was scratched bad on the one I have now and I bought it that way. It gets irritating when algae gets stuck in the scatches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 
I would have bought a new tank. The glass was scratched bad on the one I have now and I bought it that way. It gets irritating when algae gets stuck in the scatches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in the same boat...bought a 120 at a super good price but is scratched up all over.
 
Bought a new tank and let someone else plumb it. This is my second 120 for this system. The first was scratched so bad it looked foggy, and this one just isn't cutting it. I did the plumbing and I think I did a decent job, but someone that knows what they are doing would have nailed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new