Only half of my zoas are opening

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My zoas maybe the last 2 weeks have vlosed up completly then half open and some close and open. Is this bacteria on them the white stuff. Getting concernced. Since i used a syringe and balsted with a little flow and it went away. Then came back the next day. What should i use to dip them in i tried moving them. Is there a brightwell product i saw brs was talking about something like revive. Half the colony is opening but some will not open. will deal with that aptasia and whatevee that black hair thing is today.
98926BDF-AD48-4A5F-BB58-437A0686BAB7.jpeg

CoralGuy19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aptasia is most likely part of the reason they aren't opening up. I had this same issue with my zoas awhile ago. They closed up and some algae started to grow on top. I fixed it by turning my lights down and moving them to an area with higher flow.

OP
OP
Fishko

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aptasia is most likely part of the reason they aren't opening up. I had this same issue with my zoas awhile ago. They closed up and some algae started to grow on top. I fixed it by turning my lights down and moving them to an area with higher flow.
So it could not be a problem with bacteria ill deal with the aptasia after school they get a good amount of flow.

dannyab84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is at least 2 aptasia's that I can see in the photo. If you can pull that take a razor blade and scrape them off.

OP
OP
Fishko

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is at least 2 aptasia's that I can see in the photo. If you can pull that take a razor blade and scrape them off.
I took em out and dipped the colony in h202 afterwards over 3/4 of the colony opened and i bought some lugol iodine so will later dip. Prob tomorrow

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back