Oops I spilled skimmer cup in the sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
93
Reaction score
3
Location
Gulf coast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dumped a half full skimmer cup in my sump. Nothing I can do about it but figured I would let the world know.
 
Done that a few times, I normally shut the return and let the skimmer clean things up or do a small water change from sump.
 
Done that more times than I can count! Most times its when I don't empty it in time and then it goes crazy once the cup is full and like 4 days worth of skimmate is dumped straight back in. There are usually tons of foam above the water in the sump. No ill effects on the tank its just a pain to then have to empty the skimmer cup 10 times in an hour as it finds its happy place again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new