Oops... what a nice suprise

  • Thread starter Thread starter ktran
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ktran

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
185
Reaction score
132
Location
Tustin, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm doing a tank transfer and put my hermits in a cup.... totally forget about the cup and would imagine they would help dead when I'm going to be back in 2 days...

To my surprise they are alive and guess what....spawned! Such a cool thing seeing the teeny tiny hermits!

Video attached! I don't know if I did it right, but cute little buggers. My fish will LOVE them once I add them to the tank

 

Attachments

  • 20250214_210942.mp4
    11.2 MB
Well dang! That is pretty cool, they do indeed look like hermit crab larvae. From what I have read they are extremely difficult to raise, to get past the larval stage. Pretty amazing though.
 
Well dang! That is pretty cool, they do indeed look like hermit crab larvae. From what I have read they are extremely difficult to raise, to get past the larval stage. Pretty amazing though.
My wrasse has taken care of them by now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new