Open Box Listings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there any logic in when listings are removed from the open box section?

For example, there has been a GHL Mini Profilux there (and a Auto Aqua Smart Stir), but showing out of stock, for some time. Last night I saw a GHL KH director (that was also, unfortunately, sold) but this morning it is already gone from the website. Is there a reason that the KH Director has been removed but the Profilux is still there? I'm also sure I have seen some items disappear and re-appear later, but always sold out and never available to buy.

I understand that you probably can't (or don't want to) remove items from that page as soon as they are sold, but it is a little frustrating that some items are left on that page that are unable to be purchased, whilst at the same time other items come and go.

I've been watching to see if that means that certain open box items (that are sold but not removed from the website) may come back into stock, either as they are pending sale or you are anticipating having another one available, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Leaving them on their too long also keeps reminding me of good deals that I've missed!

pufferlips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have asked that question before... I was told that things become sold out/unavailable or even disappear when someone puts an item in their cart. I tested this with a pump that was listed. I put it in my cart and checked it with another system while not being logged into BRS and it was unavailable... took it out of my cart and it was back.

This could be the issue... I do not see them doing anything mischievous here.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks very much for your reply.

I wasn't suggesting there was anything odd going on; I was just trying to ascertain whether there was any logic, so that I could maximize my chances of getting a good deal. If an item is still on the page but showing 'out of stock', does that mean there is a chance it might become available again, or is it just that the website hasn't been updated to remove it?

I'll probably still keep checking back anyway, just in case something else good is added; I was just curious before I go off and buy those items somewhere else (either used or new).

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We try to remove the open box product listings when they go out of stock. We have thousands of open box SKU's and trying to keep every open box SKU on the website at all times just isn't feasible. If you're looking for a very specific item in our open box section, your best bet is to check back periodically as the open box inventory is always changing. The really good deals tend to go quickly, that's for sure.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not exactly sure that I have got my point across correctly.

The number of open box SKUs isn't relevant, unless I am missing something. Presumably 'all' you have to do, occasionally, is just check the open box section of the website and remove anything that is sold. Don't get me wrong, I used to own a tiny web shop so I know what a mammoth task keeping the website updated is, so I don't underestimate the overall task of keeping the site up-to-date, but this should presumably be a fairly simple task.

I still don't really know why some sold items immediately disappear from the open box section website whilst others remain visible (but out of stock) for a significant period of time, although it sounds like it may simply be simply down to the way the website is managed. My initial query was whether this discrepancy had any bearing on the product availability but it sounds like it doesn't.

Ultimately, as you say, it may be somewhat irrelevant as, whilst a little bit annoying, whether it is removed from the website or is out of stock doesn't change whether I can buy it or not ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back