opinion on these Popbloom Dsuny lights

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive been tryin to upgrade the lights on my tank for months now currently have 3x blackbox leds that i built tank stands for but they are uneven and arent spaced properly and high enough also i probably need 4 as i have a 72x18x28 tank so im looking for lights with a mounting arm and i cant really justify spending thousands on ai hydras. I was going to get 4x Noopsyche K7 PRO II's and probably still will but they seem to be out of stock but i came across these on amazon anyone heard of these lights?

i dont plan to keep much sps mostly lps and some clams and soft corals

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive been tryin to upgrade the lights on my tank for months now currently have 3x blackbox leds that i built tank stands for but they are uneven and arent spaced properly and high enough also i probably need 4 as i have a 72x18x28 tank so im looking for lights with a mounting arm and i cant really justify spending thousands on ai hydras. I was going to get 4x Noopsyche K7 PRO II's and probably still will but they seem to be out of stock but i came across these on amazon anyone heard of these lights?

We have the same lights available from eBay here in the UK. They go under the brand name DsunY. I have not heard of anybody who has them but they look interesting.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This company can be all over the board at times.
i'm familiar mostly w/ doing custom freshwater spectrums for people soooo keep that in mind as I proceed here.

Cost is competitive if not cheaper (equiv Noopsyce is 2x by space equiv unit).
They generally under drive their leds esp when you find fan vs fanless versions of the light so generally not PAR barn burners
Quality is, from internet skuttlebutt lets say average. Looks better (via circuit boards) than in the past
Uses reflectors vs lenses. In this range of degrees is more optimal.
Programming is fine, adequate ect
They do weird diode placement patterns, thus why I always recommend custom layouts though can wreak havok on canned programs (moonlight ect).

To show that they HAVE recently improved their err "symmetry" (somewhat) of
diode placement.
  • Power Consumption : 100W (save more than 35%)
  • Secondary Optical Lens: 120 lens
  • Lumen: 4200 lm
2 units 8400 lumens, shallow beam angle (believe it may be possible to change that, was for the old lens style)
200W

Not really enough information beyond that though.
Oh I'd suggest ordering a second power supply

Last edited:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BTW.. that white diode IS how it's built..See 4:39.
ike I said above they do some odd things.
Really if you are handy w/ soldering iron not hard to fix it.
DIY warranties aren't that uncommon really..

Last edited:

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

BTW.. that white diode IS how it's built..See 4:39.
ike I said above they do some odd things.
Really if you are handy w/ soldering iron not hard to fix it.
DIY warranties aren't that uncommon really..

I think this is just one persons opinion, I believe that he just had a bit of bad luck with the product and support.

Don't expect much from the support side, I have a dsuny unit, and I think they are a decent fixture considering the price, and performance. If I had the money to purchase a xr15 or xr30, i would buy the Dsuny 100 times over! I have seen both and the price doesnt justify the performance for radion.

if you are using this for soft corals, then there is no going wrong with it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 104 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back