Opinion on this Hammer Coral

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the lights dim or are off, I just noticed that this hammer's skeleton is exposed - I didn't notice this before, so unless it's always been the case, I can't confirm entirely.

All water parameters are on point, and I do not see any pests such as flatworms, etc. All other hammers are doing fine, which is just below it.

Reaching out here for some opinions and feedback on whether this is of concern/looks normal, or should I be worried and if so what can I should do

Picture of hammer with lights very low:

20240307_185144_resized.jpg

Hammer with lights on higher:

20240308_122206_resized.jpg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be a flesh band below the skeleton area hard to tell in the blue. If there is a flesh band it should be good. I'd compare that part to your other hammer and see if there is difference. Hammers do close up at night. A pic under white light will probably explain more.

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be a flesh band below the skeleton area hard to tell in the blue. If there is a flesh band it should be good. I'd compare that part to your other hammer and see if there is difference. Hammers do close up at night. A pic under white light will probably explain more.
Thanks - there is a flesh band, but it appears in some parts to be receeded. I think part of the issue is that my Nitrates are way too low - 2.5ppm, which might be an issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back