Opinions needed on new build

  • Thread starter Thread starter York1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

York1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
308
Reaction score
290
Location
Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be setting up a new IM nuvo 100 ext in a few months, It will be SPS dominate.So far I have two ideas for lighting
3 x Reefi Uno 2.x Pro or 2 x orphek Natura fixtures. I am just curious what yall think of these setups or what would you use?

​

 
I have no experience with any of those fixtures but one thing to consider is not only the performance of the light, but also the performance of the controller mechanism, which in most cases now is an app. A bad app can ruin the experience with a good light.
 
SPS dominate generally means lots of light, therefore I would lean towards the 3 light option, more flexible, reduce shadowing, and those lights on paper at least are more powerful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new