Opinions on fish with blemishes.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I always check out LA's selection and see a bit of fish with blemishes, honestly what do you think of fish with blemishes.
Of course, thats to negative but my opinion is they are cheaper and you will always remember that fish for that spot, pretty cool if I had to say.

So chat away! Also if you do have any fish with blemishes do post pictures, names, and what you like about it! (Or not)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like unique, so it's cool for sure. I don't really seek them out, but I don't back away from them either

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a guy with my own share of blemishes, I don't hold it against anyone! Lots of the so-called blemishes are the sort of thing that are going to grow out. Some, like scars or deformities, are there for life, but in my opinion don't diminish the value of that life. I have a bellus angel that lost an eye to an infection a while ago, and I admire the tenacity of that fish every day, trying to survive.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that Divers Den is very good about pointing out that the blemishes have not caused issues with feeding, etc...

My fear is, just like the designer clownfish, and now some of the morphs of tang varieties, that some individuals beging trying to "breed in" these blemishes...

Scars are just that, scars. We all have them... It is the weird color blemishes that I am mainly concerned with.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Full frame

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back