Opinions Wanted....

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of you guys have purchased stuff online from other members, some of you I have purchased from. I had an incident a couple of weeks back and want some input. Keep in mind there are two sides, but I'll try to give as accurate an account as I can.

I purchased a high end pack from a guy on RC. He shipped on Thrusday for Friday delivery vai US Postal. Friday rolls, it doesn't show. Saturday comes, still no pack. I send him a message that it hasnt shown up yet, he says well it should show up and maybe they will survive. Lets see what happens. Sunday I get the package from US Postal and things are in bad shape. I don't hold out much hope, but I acclimate and set into QT. I drop him another message letting him know it showed up and that things looked bad but we would see what happens. I was headed out of town for the week and would let him know how they looked later in the week. BTW.. packaging was fine, one of the better jobs done.

Out of 6 frags 1 survived with 2 polyps.... so I drop him a note. A few days later I send another. I finally get a response, he says hes been busy with work etc.. no problem, I am busy too so I can relate. He says he can reship the following week midweek. Problem is I won't be home so I tell him I will get back to him when I know I will be around. About a week or so goes by and I drop him another line, telling him he can ship at anytime.

I get no response, so a day or so later, I drop him another note following up. Still no response and I know hes been online several times, once while I was on for a good period of time. Now he could have just logged in and left it sitting there, but I know he was getting the message. So I wait another day and then file a Paypal dispute. I do this for a couple of reasons, he wasn't responding and i wanted to make sure I didnt run into any time deadlines....

So he responds a day or so later to the Paypal dispute and tells me that he was, doing me a favor by agreeing to reship, that he is not responsible for the shipping and that because I waited a week or so to tell him to reship (after he had already agreed to reship) that that was past a reasonable time frame etc. Then he goes on to complain about my filing a paypal dispute after only giving him 48 hours to respond to the last messages.

Soooooo... bottom line is I want some input here. Lack of prompt response, even if its a quick, hey I will get back to you, is what prompted the dispute. I don't know this guy from Adam, so I have no idea if he is solid or not. The attitude I get on the dispute, while no one likes those disputes taking place, they are nothing but attention getters. I asked him just to refund, because I simply don't trust him to ship properly this time around at this point.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is why i prefer not to ship usps, and certainly not late in the week.

did he suggest usps or did you? I usually tell people i can guarantee overnight fedex but can't do the same with usps.

You probably should have given him longer than 48 hours to respond before filing a paypal dispute, and given that he shipped the goods, you're likely going to lose the dispute.

It's a bad situation with no real right answer as the fault lies mostly with usps.

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is why i prefer not to ship usps, and certainly not late in the week.

did he suggest usps or did you? I usually tell people i can guarantee overnight fedex but can't do the same with usps.

You probably should have given him longer than 48 hours to respond before filing a paypal dispute, and given that he shipped the goods, you're likely going to lose the dispute.

It's a bad situation with no real right answer as the fault lies mostly with usps.

I appreciate the response.

USPS was his choice not mine, I prefer FedEx myself. We've agreed to a refund, so that's not a problem.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back