Wrasse jumped

Reef_Boy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lunar wrasse jumped out of a tiny tiny crevice in the lid. I got home and I noticed him on the carpet. He was a little bit moist. I put him in the tank with my hand to see if he would breath and he did and swam off into the rocks. Will he be okay?? Someone please help.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had that happen a small handful of times with various fish. They are more resilient than people give them credit for. Feed it the highest quality food you can get for a couple days. And people call this an anecdotal thing but add a little bit of very finely chopped raw garlic for a bit of a boost. In other words, nurture it well and it should be fine.

OP
OP
R

Reef_Boy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had that happen a small handful of times with various fish. They are more resilient than people give them credit for. Feed it the highest quality food you can get for a couple days. And people call this an anecdotal thing but add a little bit of very finely chopped raw garlic for a bit of a boost. In other words, nurture it well and it should be fine.
Thank you

FilthyFifty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this happen to my Bartlett anthias and one I put him back in my take he hid in the rocks. The next morning he was back out swimming with his school. It really depends on how long your wrasse was out for but if it swam away I would take that as a good sign and hopefully it just startled it being out of water. Wishing you the best!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back