Berghia Nudibranchs

Brandijb23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
UsA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a a tank FULL of aptasia! We tried some peppermint shrimp and I suspect either our flamehawk fish or our six line wrasse took them out within days, although I never did see evidence of the crimes. Then we tried a filefish. He had no interest in the aptasia, only our corals. Then I tried to quarentine a copperband butterfly fish and thought I was getting somewhere with feeding him but then he just died out of nowhere. Needless to say, Im now moving on to berghias. My question is, will the hawkish and the six line wrasse definitely take out the berghias, even if I sneak them in at night? My guess is yes. I have made a trap but no luck yet. So if anyone has any tips on catching those 2 buggers please let me know. Our tank is 110 gallon tall tank and chasing them around with a net is NOT ideal. But this aptasia has got to go!! Thanks in advance!



20260822_185024.jpg
 
My six line ate all my berghia i added, it took me weeks to catch him finally he jumped into the return chamber and i was able to get him. Not that that helps you much though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new