Optimal marine fish nutrition

  • Thread starter Thread starter acromike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

acromike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2014
Messages
197
Reaction score
9
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all

I am curious to know what others think optimal fish nutrition consists of?

I have tangs angels wrasses and clowns in my reef

I feed pellets, flakes, and frozen (reef frenzy) I also supplement nori on occasion

Does anyone feed any different? I know Paul feeds black worms and other live foods

My fish are all fat and look pretty healthy
They are going through hypo now as I have ich in the tank
But other than that they are robust

I am always interested in doing better
 
Sounds like your doing fine. For me the only change I would make would feed nori or other dried seaweed more often. My wrasses eat it too. I also like to feed live black worms mostly when I add new fish. My wife dose not like me keeping worms in the fridge. But man it makes the colors on my fish amazing.
 
As mentioned, seems you're doing fine.
For me personally, I was always contempt with new life pellets on a daily with nori on clips.
Mysid/rod's once or twice a week in really tiny doses.
Ymmv
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new