Options for mounting Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture?

Ironic_Water

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
81
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no wait to mount the fixture from the ceiling, and wall mount isn't very viable either - which mainly leaves a tank-mount.

Anyone have experience with tank-mounting their T5 hybrid fixture? I have an AP9X and A360XE I'm looking to put on the hybrid fixture. I wonder if I can re-use the Kessil's tank mounts to hold up the hybrid fixture...

The fixture in question.
 
I'm not familiar with the kessil mounts. Well I can't attach images. I just get a little box that says obj insert missing anger emoji here lol
Anyway I just set the hybrid fixture on top of the photon. It worked great.

9a19bccb-1128-4c70-82be-114d18c0430c-1_all_498.jpg

9a19bccb-1128-4c70-82be-114d18c0430c-1_all_499.jpg

Site is really janky for me this morning
 
They make a tank mount system that is alright if you have a wood stand. However, drilling an aluminum or steel stand to mount it was a pain, so I opted to go without that option. Like you, I didn't want to hang it from the ceiling buuut that's what I ended up doing. I have the 60 in LED version and hung it using 100lb drywall anchors into the ceiling and then used color matched hooks coming out of them. If your issue is there isn't ceiling to hang from at all, I would look into getting t-bar aluminum and making something yourself. It won't be cheap, but you can ensure that it'll reliably hold the weight of everything. The last thing you want is to have those kessil mounts crack glass due to too much weight.

Hanging light.jpg
 
They make a tank mount system that is alright if you have a wood stand. However, drilling an aluminum or steel stand to mount it was a pain, so I opted to go without that option. Like you, I didn't want to hang it from the ceiling buuut that's what I ended up doing. I have the 60 in LED version and hung it using 100lb drywall anchors into the ceiling and then used color matched hooks coming out of them. If your issue is there isn't ceiling to hang from at all, I would look into getting t-bar aluminum and making something yourself. It won't be cheap, but you can ensure that it'll reliably hold the weight of everything. The last thing you want is to have those kessil mounts crack glass due to too much weight.

Hanging light.jpg
Awesome, I may go the stand mount way - mine is wood.

Though moving my aquarium out from the wall is going to be interesting to get access to the back...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new