OR T247 Initial Channel Settings for Coral Acclimation

hit_the_gap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
i just got 2 new OR T247 LEDs for my 120 gal tank. currently, i am running a 6 bulb T5 Fixture. i have a mix of corals and i am concerned about acclimation to the new light. can someone with a better grasp on lighting give me hand and tell me what intensity i should set my 2 channels on so i don't bleach the crap out of my corals. 2 things i need help or suggestions with:

1. i was going to set the channel 1 (blue) to about 50% and channel 2 (white) to 35%. is this too high/too low/ about right?

2. i was planning on increasing the intensity of each channel by 5% every 2 weeks until i reach 100%. is that an ok plan and should i strive to reach 100% for both channels?

thanks for all your help.

Maxxingout

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with 30/15% on b/w. Then bump up 10% equally on each every week. I shoot for a total % of 120. So for example 70/50 blue/white. Of course you can play with those %'s a little to get the color you like best.

OP
OP
H

hit_the_gap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them 0n 30% blue and 20% white. i set them up on either thursday or friday night and WOW. What a difference. I can finally say that my corals POP under the blues. So far so good with the coral acclimation. Everything is open and looking good.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 34 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 74.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 25 11.0%
Back