ORA Orchid Dottyback - just thought I'd share

  • Thread starter Thread starter shornik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shornik

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
517
Reaction score
210
Location
Orlando, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed by dottyback doing this today so I captured a few frames, hope you enjoy.

[video=youtube;Ui1FSI7Ednc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui1FSI7Ednc[/video]
 
Cool! Thanks for sharing! I've never seen a dottyback do that.
 
Mine did that when I had 4 of them. 2 ended up pairing and killing the other 2. One would guard while other would move sand all day long. Pretty sure they were breeding.
 
Mine did that when I had 4 of them. 2 ended up pairing and killing the other 2. One would guard while other would move sand all day long. Pretty sure they were breeding.

Yeah that's what I thought might be happening. I'm a little sad it's the only one I have, I guess he/she's hoping another dottyback might happen along.


Sent from my iPhone using REEF2REEF
 
Yeah to me I feel like its the female that makes the nest. As I've heard the males swim out in the open more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new