ORA Trochus snail babies!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
2,303
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had much luck with trochus snails living long term. So I picked up some of the ORA captive bred trochus and they have been wonderful. No losses at all and they have now started breeding for me. I found a couple babies in the sump today when I was changing the fleece roll. There is very little algae down there, so I assume they’re eating biofilm? They seem to be growing though.
IMG_0482.jpeg
 
I’ve never had much luck with trochus snails living long term. So I picked up some of the ORA captive bred trochus and they have been wonderful. No losses at all and they have now started breeding for me. I found a couple babies in the sump today when I was changing the fleece roll. There is very little algae down there, so I assume they’re eating biofilm? They seem to be growing though.
IMG_0482.jpeg
That's awesome!! Congrats on the new little ones. Haha!

baby congratulations GIF
 
When I had a hatch it was quite large 100 or so survivors I was pulling 1-2 out of my skimmer pump weekly for a while. They’d go into the pump and get lodged between the needles and my skimmer would sound weird. They were small enough it wouldn’t trigger the plugged/no water auto shutoff. I don’t know how dizzy a Trochus snail gets but it’s gotta be a pretty good ride for a while
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new