Orange Passion Differences

  • Thread starter Thread starter lakai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lakai

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
883
Reaction score
869
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Both are SC Orange Passion but have entirely different coloration. Has anyone seen this happen?

alk 8.3-8.5
no4 10
po4 0.10



This is a SC OP from battle corals. I got this as a 3/4" frag that was the deep blue/grew/yellow but once it grew out it got very light colored.
scop.jpg


This one I got from peng which is the same color as the one from BC originally was.
scop2.jpg
 
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
 
Under lower par 200-250 mine was dark blue. Higher par 350-380 and it was light. I just lost my colony last week. Had it two years. Added another hour of t5 and took one to many frags. Hard lesson. Tissue loss started right at the frag spot. Within a few hours it has spread. I pulled the whole rock and dipped… no pests. Cut off big healthy frags. All died overnight. The day before it was growing new branches and had full polyp extension. I still have a frag taken previously in the system. It’s a nice dark blue and encrusting nicely in 250 par.
 

Attachments

  • 39B50053-ED4A-4087-907B-78CAC5D3127E.jpeg
    39B50053-ED4A-4087-907B-78CAC5D3127E.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 6037E474-25F3-485A-BC12-87C4F0EB6D29.jpeg
    6037E474-25F3-485A-BC12-87C4F0EB6D29.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 106

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new