Orange shoulder tang

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently upgraded to 180g mixed reef

Pondering my fish list

Thought on adding orange shoulder tang to 180g

do have a scopas tang and yellow belly regal

experience with orangeshoulder tang
 
I have a 180 as well and my juvenile orange shoulder gets along fine with my scopas and sailfin. He is a model citizen although does enjoy digging from time to time
 
Awesome fish, I have one in a 210g with a scopas and flagfin among others. Minds his own business and is non stop grazing. I added him when the tank was new, almost 9 years ago, so he will eat most food offered and has always been healthy and thick. He does love to graze in my dirty tank, so all forms of algae is greatly appreciated. I call him a dancer, as that's how I describe his swim style, a great addition.
 
Mine is a great fish too. It is constantly picking at algae, although it seems to focus more on film algae. Most of my fish just seem to always be waiting for me to feed them, but the orange shoulder is always busy picking at algae. It also never gets into fights with the other tangs or fish I have either.
 
Great and hardy fish and get beautiful as they mature
 
Amazing fish ....
grow rather large , adult colouring is a lot different than the juv .
C4591820-16FD-4A15-AB90-E757625C7949.jpeg

In addition to the tangs in the picture. .
There is a yellow tang , yellow belly tang it took some time but they all get along for the most part .
 
Awesome fish, I have one in a 210g with a scopas and flagfin among others. Minds his own business and is non stop grazing. I added him when the tank was new, almost 9 years ago, so he will eat most food offered and has always been healthy and thick. He does love to graze in my dirty tank, so all forms of algae is greatly appreciated. I call him a dancer, as that's how I describe his swim style, a great addition.
How big was yours fully mature?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new