Orange spotted Goby

DragonMare23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orange spotted goby is constantly hiding and losing weight. He used to be out and about more, I'm not sure what has caused him to lose confidence and hide so much. I also have two clowns, 1 blue legged hermit, 2 nassarious snails, and a hitchicker snail that I haven't idetifyied yet.I did have a rbta for about 3 weeks until it died, my LFS thought it would be a great addition to my tank. The LFS said I didn't have to feed it and that it would eat the frozen mysis that I feed the rest of the tank with, I think that was my problem with it. Around that time is when the goby started hiding. I've tried putting the food right in front of him but he still just hides and refuses to eat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My tank is about 3months old now, I started with live sand and dry rock.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you considered getting him a pistol shrimp?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered treated the goby for internal parasites with General Cure or Prazipro + metro in a quarantine tank? If it has internal parasites, they usually don't have much of an appetite. You can treat with Prazipro in the display tank, but it might do some damage to things like feather dusters, bristle worms, etc. that are in the display tank. Metro or General Cure would have to be dosed in a quarantine tank. Metro can be fed to the fish if it's eating, but you said yours is not. So the only way to treat it with Metro or GC would be in a QT.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? Current water parameters? What exactly do you feed and how often?

Any pictures of the fish?

OP
OP
D

DragonMare23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? Current water parameters? What exactly do you feed and how often?

Any pictures of the fish?
I have a 29gal biocube. I don't have the parameters with me (I just left to go take care of the horses.) I feed the hikari frozen mysis shrimp 1/3 of cube once daily, and then about 12 hours later I feed a little Marine s sinking pellets. I will try get pictures of the goby. My clowns look great.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other question, how long has the tank been setup?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back