Orange Starfish Hitchhiker

  • Thread starter Thread starter CathyB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CathyB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Lebanon, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just started a 30 gallon cube with a 10 refugium. Last night I noticed a small starfish on the live rock that I got from the LFS in the refugium. Sorry I can't really get a good picture as he is about the size of a thumb tack. Should I let him stay? My tank with be mostly corals with maybe 5 fish.
 
Orange? Small brittle stars inhabit live rock but I've never seen an orange one. If it's already in the fuge I'd for sure leave it. The only orange starfish I'm familiar with is the orange Linkia and they are known to be coral/fish safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new