orbit 4 help

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone please help me out i just bought the orbit 4 and i think i might of over compensated i thought the 2 would of been way too smaller but im sure it’ll be fine if i turn it down, however im having some issues with trying to get it working properly and im sure its just user error as ive never owned a powerhead like this, i my has two covers i can imagine so your substrate doesn’t get mixed up, so i fixed that and put it back in turned it back on and it started throwing like a gallon of water out my tank and i dont know if i just didn’t position it low enough or what but im just scared to turn it back on i would like to get it connected to my mobius and turn it down but i dont know what im doing.

IMG_1909.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You certainly have enough flow in that tank now- and i disagree that the small Axis would be too small :)

If you're having issues with your sand moving about, turn down the flow to minimum and slowly increase 1-2% at a time. Point both sides slightly above their middle position to have the gyre effect- and make some surface agitation.

Take your time doing this, flow is hard to get right and its a dance as the tank nurtures. It still looks rather new and as your coral grow, you may very well have to readjust and move around.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back