Orchid dottyback in a small tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Desidoop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Desidoop

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2026
Messages
49
Reaction score
84
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am debating on what to do once I get my aquarium. I want to stock an orchid dottyback with two clownfish and a tuxcedo urchin, however, I have read that orchid dottybacks could be in 20 gallons ( which is the aquarium I want) with the clowns as long as they are added last then I also read to put them in at least 30 gallons as they will become too agressive/ territorial in smaller tanks.
Which information is correct and should I put the orchid dottyback with the clowns or skip the dottyback?
 
springeri dottyback is what I have and its a beautiful fish.
tried an orchid in my 40 cube and he was a terror
 
I've had many Orchid Dottybacks as they're one of, if not my top favorite fish. I've had them in a 25 cube with a pair of clowns and other fish with no issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new