Ordered my first corals... wish me luck. Lol

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow Ricordea, Gatorade zoa, and Duncan.

:)

Screenshot_20220112-104235_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220112-104314_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220112-104657_Chrome.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Pretty pieces. Once they settle in, they will begin to grow. Could be a few months. Do not panic.
Ric and zoas keep low in the tank with low or filtered light and low to medium flow. The duncan keep centerish. Med flow and light. This to start. :)

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Pretty pieces. Once they settle in, they will begin to grow. Could be a few months. Do not panic.
Ric and zoas keep low in the tank with low or filtered light and low to medium flow. The duncan keep centerish. Med flow and light. This to start. :)
Thanks for the advice.

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one orange ricordea shroom about a year ago. Placed it in about 100 PAR and moderate/low flow. That one shroom is now about 20. Im taking a pic right now to share.
Sorry i cant find my camera filter so pic quality isnt great.
Also mostly of the rics are behind a frogspawn that has been growing like mad.

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Top Shelf Aquatics a couple months back and put them on my top 3 list. Everything was great from the quality of the coral to the packing / shipping. The 3 corals you picked are great to start as long as your water parameters are where they should be. I did notice the zoa's I got from them were a bit slow growing until they could grow off the frag base and onto actual live rock, Then they started spreading fast.

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Top Shelf Aquatics a couple months back and put them on my top 3 list. Everything was great from the quality of the coral to the packing / shipping. The 3 corals you picked are great to start as long as your water parameters are where they should be. I did notice the zoa's I got from them were a bit slow growing until they could grow off the frag base and onto actual live rock, Then they started spreading fast.
Yeah, so far I have been really pleased with Top shelf aquatics. Decent price and the customer service has been great. I emailed them a few times with questions,etc and they replied in minutes.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree! Top shelf’s customer service is awesome! Great starter selections, they are pretty bullet proof.

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic i just took. Most of the orange rics are behind the frogspawn. Started with one ric about a year ago.
Rics.jpg
That frogspawn is nice.

Might have to get one on my order.

Was going to start slow just to make sure everything does OK before buying several or spending alot.

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That frogspawn is nice.

Might have to get one on my order.

Was going to start slow just to make sure everything does OK before buying several or spending alot.
Thanks. I got the frogspawn about 2 years ago with 2 heads. It took some time to start growing. Just in the past 6 months it grew to about 12 heads.
Some of these things take a good long time.

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I got the frogspawn about 2 years ago with 2 heads. It took some time to start growing. Just in the past 6 months it grew to about 12 heads.
Some of these things take a good long time.
I'd rather stick with slow growers from what I've read. I really like the way xenia and GSP look and move... but realized those would be bad choices after some research. Lol

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd rather stick with slow growers from what I've read. I really like the way xenia and GSP look and move... but realized those would be bad choices after some research. Lol
If you were near me i would give you all the xenia you want. I cant get rid of it fast enough. Grows anywhere and everywhere. Definitely turns invasive.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 96 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back