ORP Suddenly High

BigHildy53

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
688
Reaction score
350
Location
Richmond, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know enough about ORP to know that I do not fully understand it. And that I don't need to really track it constantly. With that said, within the past few days Apex has reported warnings because ORP is above 450. Does a pattern of it rising mean anything? The only thing I have noticed is that my mushroom is shedding; my assumption. I am battling nitrates (17) and Phosphate (. 12). The Phosphate issue has been on going for months. Nitrates have risen in the last few weeks.
 
Probably means it is off calibration.

That said, ORP is NEVER too high without dosing oxidizers such as ozone, so high ORP (real or not) is never something to worry about. :)
 
As long as ORP is between 250 to 450 you are fine. The point is, it should stay constant unless something die or happen then it should drop.... It is not the value it matter it is the constant flat line you are looking for.. if there is spike or drop, it just tell you something is just happen, like you did a water change, some fish die off, pump has failed, you drop a soap in the tank etc.. etc...
 
Thank you for the information. I cleaned the probe a couple of weeks ago. But I've ordered calibration solution and I'll clean and calibrate this weekend.

upload_2017-6-20_18-0-53.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new