Orphek Arctik v4 question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found someone with a brand new in the box Orphek Arctik v4 led they got in a storage unit they are selling it for a steal. I’ve seen online that u have to connect it to a router with a gateway the only internet I have at my house is my hotspot from my iPhone anyway I could get this light to work and program my own lighting schedule or would it be a waste if my time

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is great, the software not.
Youll have to purchase their gateway to connect, i recall around$100.
Id get it if the price is right.

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So could I take it to my buddy’s house and hook it up to his router and then while there make it connect to my phones WiFi

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So could I take it to my buddy’s house and hook it up to his router and then while there make it connect to my phones WiFi
I think you can do it from your phones hotspot. If it didnt work, you could program it at you buddys, then take it home.
The light doesnt need a wifi connection to light your tank.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek Arctik v4 ??

I'd make sure it's an Orphek Atlantik V4 gen 2 first (not trying to be a jerk, but definitely make sure it's legit). If you're getting it for $250 I'd say buy the gateway as well so you can control it at your own house. It will be a pain every time you want to make any kind of change (time, duration, spectrum, etc.).

I have these lights over my tank and they are terrific. The gateway isn't that bad.

ZaheerR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Quick question to the orphek guru's. I am picking up a good deal on some V4's which have just the LED pcb upgraded to the icon layout. However, the control system still uses the old Gateway. I do know that the V4's were 4 channels while the new icons are 6.

Since the gateway system is designed for the 4 channel and my unit has 6 channels, how will that impact spectrum settings? Or is there a way to get full 6 channels control From the old gateway?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back