Orphek Atlantik Icon share your settings and schedule

  • Thread starter Thread starter danreef55
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
7,018
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am experimenting with different light setting before my first shipment of coral arrives.
If you could share some of your favorite settings I would great appreciate it
 
I use their Helius program that they designed as best per their research. I have been running it for 2 years & couldn't be happier.

Friends that visit are impressed with my acro colors...........they are spot on and all the prime colors pop the same. Fish look great as there isn't any fake coloration.

If you're a blue head you may not care for the look as the spectrum does not change for the full 12 hours, only the intensity changes.
 
I also use the Helius program.

Corey
I the Helios program what is labeled as "Program" ?
My issue is the setting seem very high. 40% morning 80 afternoon wouldnt this burn the corals
 
I the Helios program what is labeled as "Program" ?
My issue is the setting seem very high. 40% morning 80 afternoon wouldnt this burn the corals
Depends on the height of the light over the tank. You can also reduce by acclimation or load helius and then adjust accordingly like lowering the intensity at each point of time so it fits your requirements.
 
Depends on the height of the light over the tank. You can also reduce by acclimation or load helius and then adjust accordingly like lowering the intensity at each point of time so it fits your requirements.
Thank you for the info. Have a great day
 
The Helius program on my Icons is 78% at it's highest level where it was pre-set

The lights are are 18" above the water line per their recommendations. I get 300 par 12" below the water line. Tank is 24" tall. Currently most of my acros are at about 15" below the water line.

My par measures at about 250 where most of my acros reside. This gives them room to grow up into the higher par levels.
 
Here's an example-------Red, Green, Blue the three main colors

They all pop the same..........this is what gives a dramatic look to colors & gives you a true rainbow type display.
paletta group pic R 062724.jpg
 
The Helius program on my Icons is 78% at it's highest level where it was pre-set

The lights are are 18" above the water line per their recommendations. I get 300 par 12" below the water line. Tank is 24" tall. Currently most of my acros are at about 15" below the water line.

My par measures at about 250 where most of my acros reside. This gives them room to grow up into the higher par levels.
Thanks for the info this is all very helpful
 
Thanks for the info this is all very helpful
I borrowed an Apogee 510 par meter. At 100% intensity it is only reading 270 I must be doing something wrong. This is a brand-new meter so I would doubt it is defective.
 
I borrowed an Apogee 510 par meter. At 100% intensity it is only reading 270 I must be doing something wrong. This is a brand-new meter so I would doubt it is defective.

How high is it from the water's surface? I have mine at 8in above water and I am getting 450 at 100%

Do you have acclimation mode turned on?
 
How high is it from the water's surface? I have mine at 8in above water and I am getting 450 at 100%

Do you have acclimation mode turned on?
Mine are about 8" as well. No acclimation mode is not turned on
 
I have never used a PAR meter before. My only experience has been with halides and T5s. Turn them on and you're done:)
 
I have never used a PAR meter before. My only experience has been with halides and T5s. Turn them on and you're done:)

Did you figure out your PAR meter? I found with mine under LED you had to have the sensor pointed right at the LED. Just by rocking the sensor 1/4 or 3/8 of an inch could make a reading jump 100 par.
 
Did you figure out your PAR meter? I found with mine under LED you had to have the sensor pointed right at the LED. Just by rocking the sensor 1/4 or 3/8 of an inch could make a reading jump 100 par.
Hi Ryan
No I will give advice a try. If that doesn't work Ihave to send my monitor in for service
 
I’m using the helium program and getting a lot of algae film on my glass. Any recommendations to fix this problem? Tank is about 4 month old.
 
Clean the glass more often😀

Jus kiddin, I clean my glass every 2 days with Helius program so that seems fine to me.

I would look more into how much you're feeding, nutrients and fish load. The more nitrate you have available the more there will be to go around. The tank being young and not very establish with a good population of corals also affect that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new