Osmolator 3 and the 3 nano

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimk60
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jimk60

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
739
Reaction score
971
Location
Stewartstown Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After many years of service I'm ready to replace my Tunze ATO with a new one. Can you tell me the difference between the 3 and the 3nano. It seems the pumps used are both the same as well as the sensor assembly. With a $100 difference in price I would expect there is some major difference. Just want to make sure I get the right one.
 
They look the same superficially but are very different-

Osmolator 3, 10 minute pumping time limit, safety sensor
Osmolator 3 Nano ,77 or 154 second pumping time limit (only for nanos, will time out on anything over 65 gallons), no safety sensor, the safety is the time limit
Same optic sensor system on both.

The Osmolator 3 Nano is built to be reasonably priced for nano tanks where the overall investment is lower. The cables are off the shelf cables, one for pump, one for power, the Osmolator 3 has a custom made Y cable that is made in Germany and Japanese made connectors for pump and power. While the pump is the same, the cable is different and a further cost cutting is that instead of push fittings for the hose connection it has a barbed/lock nut style fitting.
 
Thanks for the detailed description! This is going on a 55g so I'll probably go with the nano.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new