Osmolator 3155 not functioning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I have a 3155 and the ato function is not working. I believe the infrared sensor is not working as it will not show a low level even when pulled out of the tank. The too high float valve works fine and the pump operates properly (the pump will turn on after power cycling for ~10 seconds). I have tried to power cycle the unit and have cleaned the IR sensor to no avail. Any idea on what to try next or should I purchase a new sensor? I have had this unit for about a year and purchased it from bulk reef supply.

take care,
Darren

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darren,

What light shows when the optic sensor is out of the tank? If green, it is an optic sensor issue, usually just a haze of minerals that a couple hours in vinegar should remove. If it is no light this will typically mean the pump is dead, try running it without the pump connected and if the status lights return the pump was the problem. A wrong power supply can also cause this problem, for example you inadvertently swapped the power supply from an Apex or similar DC device.

OP
OP
L

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the sensor is out of the tank I get a green led saying the water level is correct. I put the IR sensor in a vinegar bath for a couple of hours, scrubbed the sensor and I see no change so I am assuming the IR sensor is bad. The pump works properly and I am using the supplied power supply. How can I get a new IR sensor?

Thanks for your help,
Darren

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email me a copy of the invoice- Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

OP
OP
L

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed you the invoice. Let me know if you need anything else from me. I will pay for expedited shipping as I need this sensor asap (I am going on a trip this weekend).

Thanks,
Darren

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darren,

My apologies, we had a large freight shipment come in yesterday and I am just getting caught up. I will ship it today by Priority Mail and it should arrive on Saturday.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back