Other corals keeping GSP controllable?

Tommy McDonald

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to put corals in my set up have 3 frags of GSP trying to get one on my back glass and 2 on my rock work. Is there any corals I can use as an natural barrier like torch or hammer coral? I have the GSP on the very top rock so it’s easy to pull but I wanna know if there is any corals that might keep them controlled to one side of the tank.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to put corals in my set up have 3 frags of GSP trying to get one on my back glass and 2 on my rock work. Is there any corals I can use as an natural barrier like torch or hammer coral? I have the GSP on the very top rock so it’s easy to pull but I wanna know if there is any corals that might keep them controlled to one side of the tank.

I'm not aware of any that will keep it in check. Your GSP will need to be trimmed to keep it running over everything in it path.

OP
OP
T

Tommy McDonald

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought when I was getting into saltwater I thought there was stinging corals that would keep other corals back I wasn’t 100% sure but where I places them even on the rock work it’s easy to remove

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought when I was getting into saltwater I thought there was stinging corals that would keep other corals back I wasn’t 100% sure but where I places them even on the rock work it’s easy to remove

There's some that will "sting" other corals, but unfortunately this isn't a way to control GSP. It will grow around aggressive corals.

OP
OP
T

Tommy McDonald

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’ll grow around aggressive corals I’ll be ok with that I just don’t want it to start actually growing over top corals, I have plan on getting hammer and torches mainly

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back